Monday, October 24, 2011

Top 5 screen scenes

Call me a cinephile, a cineaste or a plain movie buff, I absolutely love watching movies. Good movies in any language (with the English subtitles ofcourse) interest me. Well, that doesn't mean I go to watch all new releases first day first show, I go only after reading the ratings (read haven't got the time or money to waste on every film). Watching films is my favorite hobby. A good movie is a great way to beat boredom or just relax at the end of a tiring day. So presenting my favorite 5 screen moments (or sequences)-


1. American Beauty
  I already mentioned this sequence in a previous post. There is this sequence when you see a polythene bag being carried away by the wind and swayed in all directions. The scene is the most beautiful one I have ever seen on screen,don't have words to describe how I felt.


2. Le Ballon rouge
  The English title is The Red Balloon. This French short film is one of the best short films I have seen in my life. A little trivia here, this movie won the Best writing,Best screenplay-Original award at the Academy awards,the only short film (as of 2007) to have won any award outside the short film category. The most astonishing part of it is the fact that the movie has hardly 5 dialogues !!
The last sequence where we see the little boy being carried away to the sky by all the balloons in Paris is enchanting. The simplicity with which of the entire film is presented is remarkable (despite its highly symbolic connotations).


3. Forrest Gump 
 The very opening scene of the film where we see Tom Hanks(as Forrest Gump) sitting on a bench, a feather comes flying and he repeats the lines said by his mother - ' My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." ' . The sheer innocence of the scene takes my heart away and Tom Hanks,he is just perfect,absolutely perfect.


4. Rang- e- Khoda
 The English title of this Persian wonder by Majid Majidi is The Color of Paradise . There is a sequence in the film when the blind Mohammad,after being dejected by his father says to his blind carpenter-mentor- ' Our teacher says that God loves the blind more because they can't see. But I told him if it was so, He would not make us blind so that we can't see Him. He answered "God is not visible. He is everywhere. You can feel Him. You see Him through your fingertips." / Now I reach out everywhere for God till the day my hands touch Him and tell Him everything, even all the secrets in my heart. ' The scene made me cry like a baby, I know not why, the innocence (yeah innocence again!) of the child's question is so touching that it makes you weep. 


5. Amelie
This is my favorite movie (its in French ). The scene where the naughty Amelie goes out in search of love,where she makes the guy with the suitcase go for a treasure hunt for his lost suitcase of pictures (more so for the girl who has it with her ). The part is hilarious when he finds the suitcase cleverly placed at a spot from where he can't even see her face :P.


So these are my favorite screen scenes,what are yours? Have you seen any of these that I have mentioned? Do let me know.
Ciao
Swarnali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for passing by and please do leave your valuable comments,they mean a lot to us. Please make sure you leave your blog link or your mail id so that we can get back to you.